<$BlogRSDUrl$>
migrateblog
in which witness is borne: birds, politics, fiction and critical art theory

procrastibation; or, That's not OK

Thursday, June 16, 2005
(small, self-pitying sigh)
i guess i'm overcommitted. And what is the first thing to go? My poor blog, neglected and waiting hopefully in the dusty corner of the Internet for me to pay it some much-needed attention.

And now that I need a way to distract myself from the pressing concerns of my very last classroom assignment in grad school, where shall i turn, but to my trusty, abused blog? Part of the reason for my radio silence recently is this blasted 3 week intensive class which has been kicking my booty, what with forced creativity in terms of writing and revising my artist's statement and grant proposals. Makes me not want to make art anymore, that's for sure.

Excuse #2, the Big One: My new nephew, Noah, was born on April 7 at 4:54 Eastern time, in Bethesda, Maryland. Suddenly I seem to have been replaced by an auntier, head scarf-wearing version of myself who never uses swear words and who buys secondhand childrens books at every corner bookshop.

Oh, and i received an amazing gift today from R. R.'s dad, Neal. Thank you so much for the wildflower ID book, Neal! I've been wondering more and more about the ground from which the figure emerges in the field of birding!
8:25 PM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • Congratulations on becoming an aunt! Nieces and nephews are a real joy -- you're going to be having a lot of fun.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:35 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

mar-mar :: permalink